You’re running your business and living your dream, and we’re so happy for you. Here at Main Street Independent Insurance Agencies Inc., serving the beautiful people of Texas, we love working with business owners to find different ways to help you thrive and stay as protected as possible. Having an employee or a customer slip and fall can almost always be detrimental to your business’s bottom line. Here are some ways you can prevent slip and fall accidents at your Texas place of business.
Preventing Slip and Fall Accidents in Texas
- Make sure your flooring should be free from debris, holes, uneven slants, and cracks.
- Fix, replace, or install handrails on all staircases. Each should have materials that support an adult human body that’s rigidly attached to the building or the ground with weight-bearing bolts.
- Clean up spills promptly and avoid using or pouring liquids of any kind near entrances, walkways, or exits.
- Forbid employees from wearing shoes with a slippery sole or high heel.
- Place non-slip rubber mats or non-hooked carpets at entrances. Ensure they don’t slip, move, or bunch.
- Ensure all lightbulbs work and considering installing more lights around the property to add more light.
There are many more things you might want to consider when it comes to protecting your business interests. A proper commercial insurance policy can provide you with the peace of mind you need to focus on building and expanding your business.
Contact Your Trusted Texas Commercial Insurance Agency
We never want to see any community member suffer a slip and fall accident or have a costly insurance claim because of one. If you’re in Ft. Worth, TX, or the greater surrounding area, we at Main Street Independent Insurance Agencies, Inc. would love to help you examine your current commercial coverage to ensure you have everything you need. Contact us today for a free quote.